Gavotta in C Major
- Composition by James Hook
- MIDI Recording by Andrew Harbridge, ACCM
- Biography of the composer
- Practice tips for learning and performance
- Description of the Galant Style
- What is a Gavotta/Gavotte?
Gavotta in C Major is a fun piece for the early intermediate level pianist. It’s a lively work that pianists love after hearing it for the first time, and it’s a very good study in playing detached notes against legato notes. Find included with the interactive SuperScore edition, interesting comments about the work, information about the composer, as well as practice tips for learning and performing the work. The score features a MIDI performance by Andrew Harbridge. Both hands have been split in the recording to facilitate one-hand-at-a-time practice. This piece is a Level 2.