Collection and Use of Personal Information
You are not required to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have in certain cases.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information TimeWarp may collect and how we may use it.
What personal information we collect
- When you purchase a product from TimeWarp, create a customer account, create an TimeWarp user ID, register a TimeWarp product, download a product update, contact TimeWarp or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
- When you share your content with other individuals using TimeWarp products, send TimeWarp gift certificates and products, or invite others to join you on TimeWarp forums, TimeWarp may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. If you use a TimeWarp product to establish a peer-to-peer connection over the Internet or to send product diagnostic information to TimeWarp, we may also collect information about your IP address or Internet service provider.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you up to date with TimeWarp’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your customer account preferences or using the unsubscribe button in an email that you receive from us.
- We use personal information to respond to technical support requests and diagnose problems that you may be having with our software products.
- We use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with TimeWarp, you may not opt out of receiving these communications
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve TimeWarp’s products, services, and customer communications
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Our website may gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. TimeWarp may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the TimeWarp website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
TimeWarp may share personal information with third parties if you have explicitly authorized TimeWarp to do so.
TimeWarp shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for TimeWarp to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
TimeWarp takes the security of your personal information very seriously. The TimeWarp online store protects your personal information during transit using encryption. When your personal data is stored by TimeWarp, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use certain TimeWarp products, services, or applications or post on an TimeWarp forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances. For example, when you post on one of our forums, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at www.timewarptech.com. For other personal information we hold, we will respond to your request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if TimeWarp is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 without first receiving verifiable parental consent, we shall take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
TimeWarp websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to TimeWarp employees and consultants and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
TimeWarp Technologies Inc.
3 Lorimar Lane
Rehoboth, MA 02769